Agile Project Manager (Chicago)
You’re a Project Manager who loves to manage software projects with Agile. You’re comfortable managing multiple projects for external clients and are eager to succeed and deliver. You want to learn, teach others, and grow as a PM. You’ll work from home and manage a distributed, remote product development team.
Foxbox Digital is an award-winning engineering-focused product development agency. With a history of launching successful digital products, we’ve helped Fortune 100 companies, and high-growth startups architect, develop and deploy products used by hundreds of thousands of people.
Headquartered in Chicago, but remote-first, Foxbox Digital is focused on helping customers build beautiful digital experiences across mobile and web. Specializing in developing with React Native & Elixir, we have a rare combination of engineering and product management expertise.
What you'll do:
- Schedule and facilitate team meetings, including daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning, and team retrospectives
- Utilize daily stand-ups and other techniques to identify impediments and find ways to remove them
- Gather business and end user new features/enhancement requirements and articulate them to the development team for architectural and development planning
- Quickly take complex requirements from a range of stakeholders and distill them into a prioritized list of deliverable stories
- Plan and facilitate essential activities including backlog preparation and planning
- Facilitate the team’s efforts to create actionable user stories and acceptance criteria. Ensure that work requests are properly articulated, detailed, and prioritized in light of the overall product roadmap
- Organize our epics and user stories as well as helping the team remove impediments that may otherwise slow down our velocity
- Support the team by helping to serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and technical resources
- Serve as a cross-functional team project manager to facilitate execution of key initiatives.
- Coach the team to follow the processes and identify ways to improve the processes
- Identify, manage, and help mitigate project issues and risks
- Work with another Senior Project Manager to increase the effectiveness of the application of agile development in the organization, constantly improving our standards, quality, and productivity
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- You’ll work directly with the Director of Operations
Who you are
- Able to drive multiple complex projects to the finish line simultaneously.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing technical projects using Agile methodologies including 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing small to medium, semi-complex projects in a high-tech environment with multi-function teams.
- Sufficient level of technical background or experience managing projects in React Native or Elixir to provide credible leadership to technical team teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate project risks and issues.
- Understanding basic fundamentals of iterative development, with a focus on minimum viable product.
- Ability to acquire respect from team while demonstrating a willingness to “get hands dirty” when needed to get the job done
- Exceptional communication skills – written, oral, visual, formal, informal.
- User Experience and/or usability understanding and/or design skills sufficient to make sound recommendations, envision features, and collaborate effectively with the team’s UX designer. Ability to apply usability heuristics. Ability to design and/or conduct “guerilla” usability activities
- Live or want to live in Chicago
Why Foxbox Digital?
- Work directly with an experienced CTO and entrepreneur who has built and lead development teams at multiple venture-backed companies along with an experienced and entrepreneurial Project Manager
- Remote-first company: work from our Chicago office, or home, on your schedule. Our development team is based in South America.
- Healthcare benefits
- Unlimited time off
- Autonomy to lead exciting projects and structure how projects are run.